Curriculum is reviewed on a 5-year cycle by department. Core curriculum is designed to be a guide for each course and serves several purposes:
- Provides a link between PA Standards and classroom instruction.
- Enables alignment with PA Assessment Anchors (for assessed subjects)
- Provides a pacing guide for teachers
- Ensures consistency of concepts and competencies taught across all sections of the course
- Assists teachers with the selection of instructional resources
Curriculum writing is ongoing each year. As curriculum is finalized and approved by the Board of Directors, it will be posted online.