High School Math Skill Award
The TrigStar Program Contest is an annual high school mathematics competition sponsored by the National Society of Professional Surveyors based on the practical application of Trigonometry. The program recognizes the best students from high schools throughout the nation.
The purpose of the TrigStar Program:
- To promote the study of trigonometry in high school and to promote excellence in the mastery of trigonometry by honoring the individual student who has demonstrated superior skill among classmates at the High School level.
- To acquaint the high school trigonometry students with the use and practical application of trigonometry in the surveying profession.
- To build an awareness of surveying as a profession among the mathematically-skilled high school students, career guidance counselors and high school math teachers.
Trigstar Contest Levels:
- Level 1 is given at local high schools. There is one winner from each participating high school.
- Level 2 is the national test. The state winner from each participating state is eligible to compete for the National Trig-Star title