What is PVAAS Teacher Specific Reporting?
teacher specific reporting estimates the effect of a teacher's
performance on the academic growth of a group of students
provides a measure of academic growth for students by taking into
account both their endpoint and their entering achievement level
- By concentrating on growth, PVAAS puts the emphasis on what educators can influence
the first time in PA, teachers will have access to information
regarding their influence on the academic progress of students
What is the purpose of PVAAS Teacher Specific Reporting?
- provide a teacher-specific growth measure to be used as part of the PA Educator Effectiveness System
- provide a diagnostic feedback to teachers regarding their influence on the academic growth of students
data for teachers and administrators to guide discussions about a
teacher's influence on the academic growth on groups of students
What types of information will be provided by PVAAS Teacher Specific Reporting?
- A PVAAS score in each PA assessed grade, subject, and/or course for each school year
- Additionally, the teacher will receive a PVAAS 3 year rolling average
- Diagnostic reporting
- to assess the growth of students at varying achievement levels
- to assess the growth of demographic subgroups of students
- Each PVAAS teacher specific report reflects only the students instructed by the teacher in that specific grade/subject/course
% Instructional Responsibility - Significant Factor in PVAAS Teacher Reporting
% reflects a teacher's total instructional responsibility for a
student. This % reflects how much the student will be weighted in the
- The % instructional responsibility is
calculated by multiplying the (% student + teacher enrollment) by (Full
or Partial % of instruction).
- Full or Partial % Instruction -
of the time that the teacher and student were concurrently enrolled in
- how much of the instruction (domains 1 & 3) belongs with the teacher?
- how much of the instruction (domains 1 & 3) belongs with another teacher (ESL, Title I, Gifted, Special Education)?
What is PVAAS Roster Verification?
verification is a way for teachers to VERIFY their student rosters -
are the right students linked to the right teachers for the right
subject/grade/courses for the right proportion of instructional