It is the responsibility of the Safety Committee to provide a safe and secure environment for all students, staff, and visitors of the Tulpehocken Area School District.
- To increase safety awareness in District Staff
- To investigate every accident, determine the cause, and take corrective action
- To look at policies, procedures, training issues, and make changes to prevent recurrences
- To inspect buildings for safety concerns and hazards
WHAT IS A SAFETY COMMITTEE?
The Safety Committee is responsible for reviewing workers compensation claims and developing possible recommendations for future safety precautions so further incidents of the same kind do not occur.
- Committees must have a minimum of 2 employer and 2 employee representatives, meet monthly and be in operation for at least 6 full months.
- All committee members must be trained annually by qualified trainers in safety committee operation, hazard inspection and accident investigation.
- Committee meeting agendas, attendance lists and meeting minutes must be kept.