What is McKinney-Vento?
What is the definition of a “homeless youth” under McKinney-Vento?
“Homeless” is defined as “anyone lacking a fixed, adequate, regular nighttime residence.”
What living situations fit the definitions of homeless youth under McKinney-Vento?
- Staying in the home of other people due to unavailable housing, financial hardship, or similar circumstances
- Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, public places, or campgrounds due to unavailable suitable housing options
- Living in an emergency shelter or transitional housing
- Unaccompanied (not living in direct care of legal parent or guardian) or runaway youth
- Refugee and migrant youth
To find out more about homelessness, please click here
Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
Pennsylvania Education for Children and Youth Experiencing Homelessness - Click Here
To contact our district liaison for homelessness, please direct all questions or inquiries to
Taylor Charles, Director of Pupil Services
Tel: 717-933-4611, ext. 1022